English-taught Bachelor Program
English-taught Bachelor program in International Relations and European Politics welcomes applications for September 2018 admissions. The application is open between 1 November 2017 until 15 April 2018. The level of your English must be at least B2 or higher. More information via the link above.
The program lasts 3 years and is completed by the final state exam and a Bachelor thesis. The tuition fees for English-taught Bachelor programs is 2200 euro per year. See the MU website for tuition fees for academic years (2018/19 - scroll down).
Tips for funding:
- Masaryk University is accredited in the system of US Federal Student Loans
- All Masaryk University students are entitled to the subsidized meals in MU canteens and cafeterias, to a subsidy for accommodation (once per semester), and a wide range of mobility scholarships
- Faculty of Social Studies students are entitled to receive various scholarships and stipends, usually based on merit (see Students section)
Czech-taught Bachelor Programs
All other degree programs at Bachelor level are taught in Czech. Admission procedure is fully described in the Czech version of this website – but for quick reference, see below. You can find lists of study fields open for admission, links to application form and admission requirements, application deadlines and fees, and a brief description of entrance exams. The level of your Czech must be at least B2 or higher. The tuition is subsidized by the Ministry of Education. Contact: see the end of this page.
Submitting an Application
- Full lists of Bachelor degree programs and study fields at Masaryk University can be browsed according to language or by themes / faculties; more details and links to e-application form are given (if the e-application form is open; in case it is not open at the moment, the link is not active)
- E-application – here you also find all details about a degree program and its admission requirements with the full list of literature for the entrance exam, if applicable
Fees associated with admission procedures for Bachelor level programs at all Masaryk University faculties have been set at 300 CZK. You will find full instructions in the e-application and you will use your bank exchange rate (card as well as bank transfer payments possible).
English-taught Bachelor program applications are to be submitted until 15 April 2018.
Czech-taught Bachelor program applications are to be submitted until 28 February 2018.
(the form opens on 1 November of the previous year).
The next steps of the admission process and entrance conditions will be communicated to you through the online application and by a letter/email from the University. You can track the status of your application by yourself via the online application system anytime.
If you have a prior education from abroad and you wish to enroll at our university (or any in the Czech Republic), you are required to obtain an official document confirming that your prior education/degree is recognized in the Czech Republic - see main menu for the information about prior degrees. The certificate of recognition has to be submitted at enrollment date latest.
Entrance examination for Czech-taught programs
Applicants to Bachelor-level degree programs at the Faculty of Social Studies typically take written entrance exams combining test of general study aptitudes with social science background testing. Since 1990, these combined tests have been run by the SCIO company. As an option, you can take the Learning Potential Test at MU and have only the social science background tested by SCIO.
International applicants with the proof of B2 knowledge of the Czech language can take alternative written exam designed for international students. In any case, the results will be credited to every application for which the test is relevant.
Admission contacts & useful links
- Admission Office, FSS MU, Jostova 10, Brno, Czech Republic. Admission to English-taught programs: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +420 549 491 914; Czech-taught Bachelor and Master programs, e-mail: email@example.com; phone: +420 549 496 956.
- MU Prospective International Students – Detailed information about Masaryk University, preparatory year with Czech language, degree programs offered, admission calendars, tuition fees, degree recognition, visa procedures, and also about studies and life in Brno in general, etc. FAQs.
- More details are given in How to apply section.