Connection of modern features and history
Modern teaching methods in a new-renaissance building
The Faculty of Social Studies was founded in 1998. In 2005, it moved into a newly reconstructed building at Joštova Street. This building was designed in 1910, originally for the German technical school in Brno, which can be traced on the façade ornaments. The grotesques on the frontage represent the fields of architecture, civil engineering, electro mechanics, and chemistry. Allegorical personifications of arts facing the Údolní Street are engineering, architecture, chemistry.
The new building offers to its students and employees a modern library with wide range of publications, sufficient numbers of personal computers in PC rooms, specialized DTP studios and multimedia rooms, and several rooms of student club.
- Variety of social science studies
- Location in the city centre
- Student mobility – indispensable part of university education
- Innovations for the Future
- European Union at FSS MU
- Make your dreams come true – study social sciences at Masaryk University
- Learn all your life!
- Variety of scholarships
- Part of the international research community
- Alumni – quality, competence, good reputation.
- Obtain university degree in distance learning
- Child care – a help to parents and an oasis for children
- Connection of modern features and history
- Electronic heart of the faculty
- Information system of Masaryk University
- The Central Library