Information for International Students
Why choose social sciences at Masaryk University? Read the general description or click directly to see information for:
- students who want to apply to a degree programme
- exchange or guest students
- all: useful links - information about Masaryk University and studies
The Faculty of Social Studies focuses on internationalisation and welcomes students from all over the world - be it for a full degree programme or for exchange. The Faculty offers graduate degree programmes taught in English (three Master’s and six Doctoral, others are being prepared); find the details below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an exchange or guest student, read the information in the last section of this page - we also welcome any feedback or questions you might have.
Other degree programmes (all Bachelor's programmes and most of the Master's) can be studied in Czech language only. Applicants from abroad can take intensive courses of Czech language at the university and apply under conditions that take into account their different cultural background. However, numerous English-taught courses are part of the curricula of each department.
All degree programmes at Masaryk University, info about admissions, practical information (arrival, visa, insurance), FAQs, can be found via MU website for international students.
Masaryk University ranks high among the Top 100 universities in Europe according to Webometrics.
The Faculty also succeeded in membership in several international degree programmes - in the consortium offering the interdisciplinary European Master’s Programme in Human Rights And Democratisation (E.MA); from 2008/2009, it was admitted into joint European PhD. on Social Representations and Communication; and from 2012 in International Joint Master Degree in Cultural Sociology. For application, follow the links above.
- Cultural Sociology (university pages); see also: Cultural Sociology (program website)
- European Governance (university pages); see also: European Governance (program website - to be created soon)
- European Politics (university pages); see also: European Politics (program website) [European Politics brochure]
- International Joint Master's Degree in Cultural Sociology (university pages); see also: Joint Master’s Degree in Cultural Sociology (program website)
- Sociology (university pages); see also: Sociology (program website) [Sociology brochure]
Ph.D. degree programmes taught in EnglishAll doctoral programmes are accredited in English, and welcome applicants both to full-time and part-time form. Ph.D. research can be done in the degree programmes and study fields of:
- International Territorial Studies – International Relations and European Studies
- Political Science
- Psychology – General, Developmental and Social Psychology
- Social Policy and Social Work
- Sociology - European Ph.D. on Social Representation and Communication
Masaryk University is involved in a variety of exchange agreements that enable international students to come to Brno for one or two semesters. The most frequent types of student exchange are carried out within the frameworks of ERASMUS programme (part of Life Long Learning programme of EC), Erasmus Mundus, ISEP, CEEPUS and through partner universities mobility schemes. Apart from these, you can apply as a guest student outside of any programme; just contact us.
- Information for ERASMUS exchange students (Europe)
- Students via Erasmus Mundus, ISEP, CEEPUS, partner agreements, or any other exchange scheme - and potential guest students
- Masaryk University video
- Masaryk University brochures
- Faculty of Social Studies brochure(new brochure to be posted in June 2013)
- International students at Masaryk University - detailed pages
- International Student Club - the best ESN club in Europe in 2010
- English-taught courses in social sciences (you can select semester and language, click for next pages)
- Courses in languages other than Czech - Masaryk University offer
- FSS guides for international students
- Study in the Czech Republic