Information System and E-learning
Each MU student, teacher and employee has his/her own personal IS account, including e-mail, web space and access to numerous applications and data. You can enter your account (Personal Administration) by logging in at http://is.muni.cz.
When you begin your employment or stay at MU, you will receive your ID number (UČO) and an automatically generated primary password. The primary password is used to access the IS system and also works for the INET system. It is recommended that you change this to a personalized password. Most but not all pages in the IS are available in English as well as Czech.
Help with IS for teachers is available from the Faculty IS-technician and e-technician: the latter specializing in online teaching.
The Information System has been designed so that students and teachers can easily administer virtually all aspects of their studies online, including selecting courses, reading course materials, communicating with teachers and fellow students, and checking progress in studies at any time. All records of students’ studies and grades are saved in the IS. A Transcript of Records for courses completed can be printed on request at any time. You can also use the IS for general communication and to get information about the University; for example, there are discussions and notice boards where you can place or reply to advertisements of various kinds, or engage in discussion with classmates.
Listed below are some examples of the most important IS applications used by teachers.
Before the start of each semester, you need to
- Check the courses you teach
- Update the information (literature, requirements) in your courses
- Give consent for course participation to students who were not enrolled automatically (in case you agree)
During the semester, you can
- Upload study materials for your courses
- Download student homework
- Access the student lists of your courses
- Receive information or comments from your students
At any time, you can
- Send and receive e-mail
- Perform full-text IS database searches (for documents, people, courses, etc.)
- Search for contact information related to departments as well as people working and studying at the university
- Access some applications over the phone
- Display a wide range of statistical information
- Upload large files into the File Depository and store them there
- Post and read messages on the Notice Board
- Participate in university or faculty e-elections
- Up-date your personal page, your publications and CV
You can choose from among the many IS functions depending on your needs, using any computer connected to the Internet. Using an IS application usually consists of filling in a data form and confirming your choice (Save, Send, Find, etc.). This will send your request to the central computer.
You should check your IS mailbox regularly or have it forwarded to another email – this is the most important means of communication between you and your students.
ECTS Credits System
The ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) is a credit system for the evaluation of higher education based on student workload. The system was originally conceived within the Erasmus programme framework as a tool designed to facilitate student mobility by enabling the comparison and recognition of international studies. Today it is used as a credit accumulation system on both national and international levels in most European countries.
IP addresses of FSS PC rooms
If you organize your exam via IS in FSS pc rooms, HERE are the IP addresses that you instert in the answer sheets in IS (only FSS staff and Ph.D. students can read the files).