Faculty and Departmental Stipends
The Faculty of Social Studies offers a wide range of stipends and scholarships to support student achievements and activities. Dean's prizes for the best students of all program levels are awarded. Mobility scholarships for study abroad stays that are difficult to finance from the large exchange schemes are available in 3A and 3B scholarship sub-program to support the international dimension of studies. Besides, scholarships for publications, extraordinary achievements or student activity in associations and clubs are available. Students are informed about the scholarship programs regularly.
Find the overview of FSS stipends/scholarships: MU and FSS scholarships 2017.
This overview gives full details, below we briefly mention some other tips.
Besides, the Department of Sociology can offer a scholarship on the basis of its own criteria that fully or partly covers the tuition fee, but does not include other costs to the student such as travel, accommodation, board, books required for study courses, and other living expenses. Students become eligible to receive this scholarship in the second semester of their study, given the conditions specified below – the deadline for the scholarship application is February 28.
All candidates must also fulfill the following conditions:
- Your studies are not already funded by a scholarship
- You have not received a grade below B in any compulsory course of your degree program
- You have not been found guilty of an offense by the FSS Disciplinary Committee, and you do not currently have a case being considered by the Committee
- You have no outstanding fees to be paid to the University
The main criterion for the granting of the waiver is demonstrated academic achievement and progress toward completing the degree during the first two semesters.
Other tips for financing your studies
Since the English-taught programs are not subsidized by the Czech Ministry of Education, students are advised to seek support from sponsors and foundations.
- Erasmus+ Master loans
- Erasmus Mundus Action II program (MU is a member of several consortia; some of which still have degree-seeking scholarships)
- International Visegrad Fund (specified countries)
- Masaryk University is accredited in the system of US Federal Student Loans