New admission process for Bachelor's programmes in English
The Faculty of Social Studies has changed the admissions process for their bachelor’s programmes in English. The decision to change the process comes from the desire to both ensure the strongest student body as possible in our programmes, and to simplify the application process for students.
Applicants will no longer be required to submit a motivation letter or essay when applying. Instead, students will be required to pass an entrance exam. The exam is multiple choice (only one correct answer in the option) and covers questions pertaining to social sciences and humanities (politics, international relations, sociology, history, basics of political geography) and general knowledge a good quality high school graduate is expected to have.
Applicants will be required to pass the test with at least 60% and have one chance to take the exam.
There has also been a change for the English proficiency required for applicants. It is now necessary to provide an English certificate proving their B2 English level. If students do not have an official certificate (16 exams are recognized) they can take an exam through the Masaryk University Language Centre. Exceptions for this apply to the following groups.
- Citizens from Australia, Canada, Ireland, Malta, the New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America
- High school graduates who have completed or are to complete study programs taught in English
The changes in the application process take effect for the next applications period (Spring 2023 enrollment) which will open on July 15. These changes are only for bachelor’s programmes – not for the master’s or PhD programmes.
A full list of the requirements to apply for the bachelor’s programme is below, and more details can be found on our website.
To successfully apply and be considered, students must do the following steps
- Complete the e-application and pay the application fee by the application deadlines
- November 15 for Spring 2023 enrollment
- June 1 for Fall 2023 enrollment
- Submit the following documents in the e-application
- Secondary school certificate or proof of current studies
- Proof of English - B2 level minimum (if you do not have a certificate, you will pass a brief examination at our faculty’s Language center to proof your command of English)
- ID or passport copy
- Pass the entrance exam
- The exam should be taken by the application deadlines
Applicants can email email@example.com with any questions about the process. If you are deciding if you want to apply, please read our student blogs and consider reaching out to our student ambassadors.