Current information on emergency measures at the Faculty of Social Studies in connection with the spread of Coronavirus
The RED color of the traffic light currently applies at FSS
- Operation of MU follows a university traffic-light system, whose rating is currently RED. Restrictions follow government measures.
- All buildings are closed to students, staff and the public. Exceptions include students of general medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and other medical disciplines and persons providing necessary operation of buildings, laboratories or remote teaching.
- Starting 12 October, teaching follows guideline no. 2/2020 (English version will follow soon) and current governmental restrictions.
- The exams are held remotely, with an exception for final state exams which may take place in-person.
- Students and staff must immediately report if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or are required to go into quarantine.
- People with symptoms of an infectious viral disease are prohibited from entering MU buildings.
- See details on entering the country for students and employees and current restrictions in the Czech Republic due to the 30-day state of emergency that starts on 5 October. The state of emergency was extended until 20 November.
COVID-19 Disease: What to do if you feel sick?
Are you currently a MU international student in Brno and you need help with any COVID-19 related issue? This tool was created to guide you in case you do not know what to do in your situation. Please read carefully and follow the steps that applies to your case.
Conditions for entering the Czech Republic
Masaryk University has no restrictions on the arrival of international students and staff. However, the process of admitting international students and staff is influenced by the measures of individual states and by the current visa process of the Czech Republic as well as by measures by the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic and the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic, related to the epidemiological situation in individual states. For more information on entering the Czech Republic see information for students and employees at the website of Masaryk University.
International students can also use this application in order to find out under which conditions they can enter the Czech Republic:
Decision of the rector of Masaryk University no. 4/2020, Special study rules in the spring semester 2020 Guidelines issued by the Office for Studies of the Masaryk University Rector’s Office No. 1/2020 - Methodology of Distance Examination and Course Completion
Volunteering during the pandemic
Are you willing to help manage the coronavirus pandemic? We are looking for volunteers. Anyone who would like to help with babysitting or help provide for the needs of seniors can sign up. Those of you who have IT or other skills are needed as well. Students of the Faculty of Medicine will be utilized for special, professional purposes. We also welcome volunteers from outside Brno (including the public).
I want to help
Important contact information:
- Nonstop helpline of the National Institute of Public Health: +420 724 810 106, +420 725 191 367 nebo +420 725 191 370.
- Coronavirus infoline of the Regional Public Health Department in Brno is working on the phone number +420 773 768 994 (Mon–Fri 8:00–17:00)
- If you have any questions about the precautions of Masaryk University or you are not sure how to proceed, write to email@example.com
- There is also e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org for participants of exchange programmes where you can write in case of uncertainty, or if you have any questions to decisions regarding the return from abroad.