- Operation of MU follows a university traffic-light system, whose rating is currently RED. All buildings are closed to the public, students and employees.
- The FSS Library is only open for collecting pre-ordered books.
- Most EU nationals must enter the country with a negative test or get tested upon arrival. See details for students and employees and current restrictions in the country due to the state of emergency.
- Students and employees must report if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or been required to go into quarantine.
- People with symptoms of infectious viral infections are prohibited from entering MU buildings. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, use this app.
Degree Programmes in English
Most Popular Student City
American Legal Developments After the 2020 George Floyd Anti-Racist Protests
The MU School of Law will host an open lecture for students, and anyone interested, from Professor Paul Von Blum of the University of California, Los Angeles. Professor Paul von Blum focuses on African American studies, history and the fight for civil rights. He has nearly 50 years of experience with political activism - since the 1960s, when the African-American Civil Rights Movement took place in the United States.
News from FSS
Faculty Introduction: Orientation Week
As part of orientation week, FSS was presented to new students about topics ranging from grading to the library to life in Brno.
European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and Democratisation (EMA)
The Global Campus of Human Rights (GC) is pleased to announce that the call
for applications for the European Master’s Programme in Human Rights and
Democratisation (EMA) is now open!
Academic year: 2021 - 2022
Location: Global Campus of Human Rights Headquarters - Venice Lido
Deadline for non-EU applicants: 15 February 2021
Deadline for EU applicants: 19 April 2021
FSS scholarship programs in 2021
The Faculty of Social Studies of Masaryk University introduces changes in scholarship programs in 2021. More scholarships are available to students in English taught study programmes.
FSS Study Programme Introductions
During the first two weeks of December, we will be providing introduction sessions to the Faculty of Social Studies, as well as our individual programmes we offer. Participants will hear from students and professors, as well as admissions personnel. All are invited to join our livestreams and ask any questions that arise.
News from MUNI
Video: Masaryk University is preparing to test students and employees
In an address prior to the start of the spring semester, Martin Bareš reminded people of the effectiveness of anti-epidemic measures and the importance of vaccination.
Scientists Call: Chemical Pollution is a Global Threat
An international group of scientists is calling for a global intergovernmental science-policy body for informing policymakers, business, and the public about reducing harm from chemical pollution.
Masaryk University has a new strategic plan for the next eight years
In December, MU Board of Trustees approved the university’s strategic plan for the 2021–2028 period.
MU archaeologists reveal oldest writing system among Slavs to be Germanic runes
A one-of-a-kind discovery has been made by archaeologists from Masaryk University.