- MU is operating following the university traffic-light system. The risk assessment level is currently WHITE. All buildings are opened to the public. Classes are limited to a maximum of 200 people at FSS.
- The new academic year will begin on 13 September. Students who reside at MU dormitories must get tested every seven days, exception includes fully vaccinated students or students who recovered from COVID-19.
- Students and employees are obliged to inform MU about their return from a foreign country if they intend to enter MU buildings within 14 days of their arrival. The exception includes people who have received full vaccination or who have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 180 days.
- People with symptoms of infectious viral infections are prohibited from entering MU buildings.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please use this app.
- Most foreigners must enter the country with a negative test or get tested upon arrival. See details for students and employees and current restrictions in the Czech Republic.
Degree Programmes in English
Most Popular Student City
Call for papers - 11th World Environmental Education Congress
The WEEC 2022 Scientific Committee and the Local Organizing Committee welcome the submission of original contributions to be presented at the Congress in the Parallel Sessions or in the Field Sessions. Abstract submission deadline is August 31, 2021, at 23.59 CET.
11th World Environmental Education Congress
11th World environmental education congress on the topic of Building Bridges in the Times of Climate Urgency will take place from 14 to 18 March 2022 in Prague with the possibility of ONLINE connection. Meet hundreds of people in science, research and practice, share your research findings and gain inspiration for further research and projects.
News from FSS
FSS expands Bachelor programmes offer in English
Two new Bachelor programmes will launch starting Autumn 2022. The new interdisciplinary programmes are currently accepting applications.
Candidates for Academic Senate FSS MU
The Electoral Commission accepted candidacies for elections to the Academic Senate of the FSS MU for 14 persons to the Chamber of Academic Staff and 15 persons to the Chamber of Students. Academic staff and FSS students can vote for the AS FSS MU from October 11, 2021 8:00 to October 14, 2021 9:00.
Open call: New ambassador positions
Students in Conflict and Democracy Studies, Public and Social Policy and Human Resources, and Sociology/Cultural Sociology are invited to apply for the position by 10 October.
News from MUNI
Masaryk University receives European Citizen’s Prize
The 2020 and 2021 European Citizen’s Prize, awarded by the European Parliament, was bestowed upon teams from two Czech universities, Masaryk University and the Czech Technical University.
MU beats Mendel University in ice hockey rematch
The rematch between Mendel University and Masaryk University brought a great game of ice hockey with a thunderous atmosphere. The MU team won the match 4-2 after turning the score around, repaying their opponents for the loss they suffered two years ago.
Masaryk University welcomes new international students
After three semesters of online teaching, not only have Czech and Slovak students returned to Brno, but so too have students from around the world.
MU hockey team will challenge MENDELU to a rematch
To avenge a defeat, enjoy a great atmosphere and proudly defend MU colours: these things are on the minds of Masaryk University hockey players, who will face the MENDELU hockey team on 14 October at the Winning Group Arena in Brno for the University Match.