- MU is operating following the university traffic-light system. The risk assessment level is currently YELLOW.
- All buildings are closed to the public. Employees and students can enter MU buildings for work and study purposes in keeping with current government regulations and university measures. Entry into University buildings is only possible with a negative antigen test, however FSS students can enter the library and have individual consultations at the faculty without a negative test. Employees are recommended to work from home. Most courses will continue to be taught online. See Decision of the Rector No. 3/2021.
- The FSS Library is open to students at a limited capacity, please visit their website for more information.
- Most foreigners must enter the country with a negative test or get tested upon arrival. See details for students and employees and current restrictions in the Czech Republic.
- Students and employees must report if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or been required to go into quarantine. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, use this app.
Degree Programmes in English
Most Popular Student City
Residence and employment after graduation for non-EU foreigners
The Brno Expat Centre, with its legal expert, will host a workshop for FSS students who wish to better understand how to apply for the “Seeking Employment Visa” or in general how to apply for an “Employment Card” after graduation.
Czech Sociological Association Biennial Conference: Sociological reflexions
The board of the Czech Sociological Association (CSA) in cooperation with the Faculty of Social Studies at Masaryk University invite you to the biennial conference of the CSA. The conference takes place at the Faculty of Social Studies of Masaryk University on 23. – 25. June 2021. On-line meeting “Sociological Reflexions of the Pandemic” - Wednesday, January 27, 2021. The main theme: sociological reflections.
Call for papers - 11th World Environmental Education Congress
The WEEC 2022 Scientific Committee and the Local Organizing Committee welcome the submission of original contributions to be presented at the Congress in the Parallel Sessions or in the Field Sessions. Abstract submission deadline is August 31, 2021, at 23.59 CET.
11th World Environmental Education Congress - first registration wave
11th World environmental education congress on the topic of Building Bridges in the Times of Climate Urgency will take place from 14 to 18 March 2022 in Prague with the possibility of ONLINE connection. All participants have to register, first (early bird) registration wave ends on 31. 8. 2021. More information on the Congress event webpage.
11th World Environmental Education Congress
11th World environmental education congress on the topic of Building Bridges in the Times of Climate Urgency will take place from 14 to 18 March 2022 in Prague with the possibility of ONLINE connection. Meet hundreds of people in science, research and practice, share your research findings and gain inspiration for further research and projects.
News from FSS
Masaryk University’s Faculty of Social Studies is a proud recipient of the HR Award
Our faculty has received the HR Award certification. The award is presented by the European Commission to research institutions that make a concerted effort to create an international and transparent working environment in tune with international trends in science (HRS4R).
The traffic light turns yellow
From Monday, May 3, the entire Masaryk University, and therefore also the Faculty of Social Studies, switches to the yellow traffic light mode. What does this mean for students?
Winners of the Dean's Awards for 2021
The winners of the 2021 FSS MU Dean's Award were announced during the Faculty Days on 22 April 2021.
MU Testing Center (COVID-19 antigen tests)
All Masaryk University students, including international students, will have access to testing provided at MU testing centre situated at Brno Exhibition Centre. Getting tested is necessary for those students staying in the MU dormitories, and for final-year students to attend practical classes (which does not apply to FSS students).
News from MUNI
MU among top 200 universities in education quality worldwide
For the first time in history, MU has been included in the Times Higher Education University Impact Rankings, which assess universities’ contributions to fulfilling the UN’s sustainable development goals.
Students from all years of study may attend practical classes starting from 10 May
Crisis Committee has confirmed moving to the yellow-light rating of the university’s pandemic traffic-light system and approved further loosening of restrictions.
Compete in a virtual road race between MU and Brno University of Technology
From 3 May, employees and students of Masaryk University will have the opportunity to race their counterparts from Brno University of Technology (BUT).
Academic employees can now register for COVID-19 shots
Beginning 3 May, academic employees will be able to register for COVID-19 vaccinations.