- MU is operating following the university traffic-light system. The risk assessment level is currently YELLOW. MU buildings are closed to the public. Classes are limited to a maximum of 150 people. Please see all current measures in this document.
- People with symptoms of infectious viral infections are prohibited from entering MU buildings. Students and employees are obliged to inform MU about their return from a foreign country. Students who reside at MU dormitories must get tested every seven days. The exception includes people who have been vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19 (within the last 180 days), or tested.
- Foreigners entering the country should see instruction for students and employees. See also current restrictions in the Czech Republic.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please use this app.
- MU asks students and employees to fill in information about their vaccination status.
Degree Programmes in English
Most Popular Student City
11th World Environmental Education Congress
11th World environmental education congress on the topic of Building Bridges in the Times of Climate Urgency will take place from 14 to 18 March 2022 in Prague with the possibility of ONLINE connection. Meet hundreds of people in science, research and practice, share your research findings and gain inspiration for further research and projects.
Current trends, issues and chalenges in diverse societies - virtual conference
We want to invite you to our upcoming 2nd Cultures Conference titled "Current Trends Issues and Challenges in Diverse Societies" on May 6-7 2022, Online. The Cultures Conference is an opportunity for attendees to establish academic and business relations and find global partners for future collaboration. Scholars, researchers, practitioners, consultants, trainers, professionals and policy makers from across the world are invited to share their expertise, research results, innovative ideas, solutions and valuable experience. Deadline for submitting abstracts: 10 April 2022. Click for more information.
News from FSS
On 25 October Masaryk University traffic-light system to turn green
Due to the deteriorating COVID-19 situation, the MU Emergency Committee has decided to move to the green level of the traffic-light system. New measures will go into effect on 25 October.
FSS expands Bachelor programmes offer in English
Two new Bachelor programmes will launch starting Autumn 2022. The new interdisciplinary programmes are currently accepting applications.
Candidates for Academic Senate FSS MU
The Electoral Commission accepted candidacies for elections to the Academic Senate of the FSS MU for 14 persons to the Chamber of Academic Staff and 15 persons to the Chamber of Students. Academic staff and FSS students can vote for the AS FSS MU from October 11, 2021 8:00 to October 14, 2021 9:00.
News from MUNI
Irena Radová to become new Dean of the MU Faculty of Arts
Irena Radová, head of the Department of Classical Studies at Masaryk University’s Faculty of Arts, was elected as the new Dean of the Faculty on 10 January. In a secret ballot, she received more votes than Markéta Kulhánková, her competitor for the job.
Brno ranked as the second most attractive city in Europe
Time Out, the renowned British travel magazine, rates Brno as the second most attractive city to visit in Europe.
How was 2021 at Masaryk University?
A summary of the most important and most interesting things that happened at Masaryk University in 2021.
MUNI Scientist Awards recognise the university’s excellent achievements in research
Second MUNI Scientist Awards granted at the annual conference of the Grant Agency of Masaryk University.