- MU is operating following the university traffic-light system. The risk assessment level is currently WHITE.
- All buildings are opened to the public. Classes are limited to a maximum of 150 people in one room.
- It is no longer necessary to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter MU buildings. As of 1 July, students and employees will no longer have to get tested. As of that date, all testing sites established for MU employees will be closed, and MU students will no longer have priority at the Brno Exhibition Centre testing site.
- Employees must report if they have tested positive for COVID-19 (see the Decision of the Rector No. 5/2021).
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, use this app.
- Most foreigners must enter the country with a negative test or get tested upon arrival. See details for students and employees and current restrictions in the Czech Republic.
Degree Programmes in English
Most Popular Student City
Call for papers - 11th World Environmental Education Congress
The WEEC 2022 Scientific Committee and the Local Organizing Committee welcome the submission of original contributions to be presented at the Congress in the Parallel Sessions or in the Field Sessions. Abstract submission deadline is August 31, 2021, at 23.59 CET.
11th World Environmental Education Congress - first registration wave
11th World environmental education congress on the topic of Building Bridges in the Times of Climate Urgency will take place from 14 to 18 March 2022 in Prague with the possibility of ONLINE connection. All participants have to register, first (early bird) registration wave ends on 31. 8. 2021. More information on the Congress event webpage.
11th World Environmental Education Congress
11th World environmental education congress on the topic of Building Bridges in the Times of Climate Urgency will take place from 14 to 18 March 2022 in Prague with the possibility of ONLINE connection. Meet hundreds of people in science, research and practice, share your research findings and gain inspiration for further research and projects.
News from FSS
Masaryk University’s Faculty of Social Studies is a proud recipient of the HR Award
Our faculty has received the HR Award certification. The award is presented by the European Commission to research institutions that make a concerted effort to create an international and transparent working environment in tune with international trends in science (HRS4R).
The traffic light turns yellow
From Monday, May 3, the entire Masaryk University, and therefore also the Faculty of Social Studies, switches to the yellow traffic light mode. What does this mean for students?
Winners of the Dean's Awards for 2021
The winners of the 2021 FSS MU Dean's Award were announced during the Faculty Days on 22 April 2021.
MU Testing Center (COVID-19 antigen tests)
All Masaryk University students, including international students, will have access to testing provided at MU testing centre situated at Brno Exhibition Centre. Getting tested is necessary for those students staying in the MU dormitories, and for final-year students to attend practical classes (which does not apply to FSS students).
News from MUNI
The pandemic harms couple relationships, a research shows
People rated their couple relationships better last December compared to this April, according to a pilot study in the Contemporary Czech Family research project.
RECETOX examines firefighters’ health to recommend prevention improvement
Experts from Masaryk University are investigating how chemicals affect firefighters’ health.
Masaryk University expands its international ambassador programme
Currently, Masaryk University has 23 international ambassadors from all corners of the world.
MUNI HELPS wins the European Citizen’s Prize
MUNI HELPS, Masaryk University’s volunteer centre, has been awarded the European Citizen’s Prize 2021 by a jury composed of Members of the European Parliament and representatives of civic and youth organisations.