Erasmus and Other Exchange Students
Department CoordinatorsStudents studying at the Faculty of Social Studies for ERASMUS, exchange, free-mover, CEEPUS, and guest students must contact the coordinators for each department regarding questions on courses.
- Environmental Studies: Ing. Zbyněk Ulčák
- Media Studies and Journalism: Mgr. et Mgr. Michal Tkaczyk, Ph.D.
- International Relations and European Studies: Mgr. et Mgr. Veronika Zapletalová, Ph.D.
- Political Science and Security & Strategic Studies: doc. Mgr. Michal Pink, Ph.D. and Mgr. et Mgr. Petra Vejvodová, Ph.D.
- Psychology: Mgr. Michal Čevelíček, Ph.D.
- Social Policy and Work: Mgr. Lucia Čemová
- Sociology (Gender Studies and Social Anthropology): Assoc. prof. Csaba Szalo and Mgr. Apolónia Sejková
Please, keep in mind that it is recommended that you register (and fill in in your Learning Agreement) at least 50 % of your courses here at the department or degree program that correspond to your degree program at home and if applicable, also to the agreement signed (by which we mean that in case you study sociology at home, you should take at least half of your courses within sociology at MU). Codes lower than 300 are intended for undergraduate (Bachelor) students. Other social science courses are also open to you - you can choose classes according to your interests from the Faculty of Social Studies offer, or some from the whole Masaryk University offer. Apart from English-taught courses , there are also courses taught in German, French, etc. If you speak Slavonic languages, you might try Czech-taught classes too.
Registration of thesis writing seminars (or dissertation writing for PhD students) is not recommended – it can be approved by our departments only in exceptional cases after mutual agreement of both universities and specific teachers.
When you are selected by your home university, you will be in contact with our whole-university Erasmus coordinators for incoming students, Radka Vičarová or Lenka Ciprisová. If your university has already selected students for Erasmus, you should read the website with
Erasmus info for MU Incoming EU students or Erasmus info for World Incoming students - these pages will give your full information on how to apply and arrange your stay. The deadlines for application to Masaryk University are 15 July and 15 November. On this page, read more about the Faculty of Social Studies offer. Please select your courses accordingly.
Central international office of Masaryk University – Centre for International Studies (CIC) administers most of the large exchange programs and schemes, with the exception of the Faculty-based bilateral agreements (see below for the list). If your exchange stay is arranged via Erasmus Mundus Action II (EM2), ISEP, university-wide bilateral agreements, etc., then you will find full information under following links leading to the CIC websites. You should already be selected by your university or the exchange program to apply. Each exchange program or scheme has its whole-university coordinator or coordinators, and they will be glad to answer your questions.
FSS International Office also is glad to answer any questions you might have about social sciences.
In case you come via our Faculty-specific bilateral agreement, then please fill in our application form (select Faculty agreements, not bilateral agreements), and in the form, you will directly choose one of the below mentioned universities that cooperate with FSS. We will contact you soon after or you may write to the FSS International Office.
Our staff will arrange all the details with you, send you letter of acceptance and assist you with the visa procedure and other practicalities.
Faculty-specific bilateral agreements (for certain fields, require more info) are signed with
- Missouri State University, Department of Strategic Studies (USA)
- Swarthmore College (USA)
- Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin / Ekaterinburg (Russian Federation)
- Moscow State University (Russian Federation)
- National Chiao Tung University (Taiwan)
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (India)
- Herzliya University in Israel, Lauder School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy
- University of Haifa, School of Political Sciences (Israel)
In case you do not match any of the categories of eligible exchange students, you can apply as a guest student to a specific faculty of MU. The same procedure applies to people interested in CEEPUS or IVF scholarships and for approved intergovernmental scholars. Basically, if you are not pre-selected by your home university on the basis of some exchange or hosting scheme and you need the acceptance from Masaryk University (Faculty of Social Studies), our departments can evaluate the following materials of yours to be able to decide about your study stay here. You may contact us – FSS International Office – via email or you may directly establish our e-application and submit the following documents.
- Fill in our application form – Guest students (in the form, you choose IVF, CEEPUS, government agreements etc., or select freemoving guest students), and upload the following:
- Your CV (a short resume)
- Motivation Letter – specify the exact time period, and comment on your background, choice of program/courses at MU, and your motivation
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of English/Czech language
- Learning Agreement (form template to download)
- Recommendation by a university teacher
If the relevant department agrees with your stay, we will send you the letter of acceptance and detailed information for new incoming students, and we will also advise and assist you on how to arrange the
- Visa or Residence Permit, if necessary
- Health insurance
In case you need to obtain acceptance letter or other documents for scholarship foundations and schemes (CEEPUS, IVF, etc.), contact us in time: 2 months before the program deadline. (Which means for IVF by 30 November of the previous year.)
- International Student Club – one of the best ESN clubs in Europe
- English-taught courses in social sciences (you can select semester and language, click for next page)
- All courses in languages other than Czech, all language courses at MU in the Comprehensive Guide
- Want to learn Czech language or other languages? - Shopping Centre offer
- Study in the Czech Republic
- Faculty of Social Studies Facebook
- Masaryk University Instagram Account