Updated measures at FSS for entering buildings 20.4-15.5
Dear colleagues, dear students,
Let me draw your attention to a few updates related to the regulation of emergency measures in the Czech Republic and at MU. Here you can get acquainted with these regulations:
In connection with the aforementioned amendment, the Dean issued “Decision No. 1/2020 of the Dean of the Faculty of Social Studies of Masaryk University. Extraordinary measures in connection with the epidemiological situation - students 'access to the library and consultation of final theses'. This decision regulates the entrance to the FSS building and implies two essential things:
1. The ban on the personal presence of students in the FSS MU building continues to apply; this ban does not apply to individual visits related to the creation of practically focused bachelor and master theses of students of ZUR162 and ZURb1118 courses. They may enter the building subject to the conditions set out in this Decision.
2. It is possible to borrow pre-ordered books on Mondays and Thursdays from 1 pm to 3 pm in the FSS MU lobby. Detailed information on the lending system is provided by the FSS MU Library on its website (http://library.fss.muni.cz/). Also, lending and returning books can only take place after the conditions defined in the decision have been met. These are:
- students must be free from acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. fever, cough, shortness of breath, sudden loss of taste and smell, etc.),
- students perform hand disinfection at the entrance to the building,
- students are not ordered to quarantine measures at the given time,
- students provide an electronic affidavit of the absence of symptoms of a viral infectious disease in the previous two weeks via the Information System of Masaryk University (IS MU).
If you wish to take advantage of this new option, please strictly follow the rules set out in the above-mentioned document.
Thank you for your attention to this email and I am here for any questions.
Take care and best wishes,
Extraordinary measures related to the epidemiological situation – access of students, employees and tenants to the FSS MU building
The Dean's decission following the extraordinary measures issued by the Ministry of Health of 15 April 2020 and the decision of the Rector of Masaryk University, effective May 18, 2020.
Information about courses and FSE at FSS
The Spring Semester 2020 exam period will run from May 18 to September 30, 2020, all exams will be done online. FSE and thesis defenses can take place in June and September. Final examinations, defenses and entrance examinations for MA programmes will be in distance form.
Information on Tuition Payments for Full Degree Students
Please, let me kindly assure you that we will keep doing our best to look for ways and means how to ease your situation in the months to come. At the same time, we will keep you informed of any developments. Please also rest assured that we will enable all students to pay tuition fees in more instalments. This will be addressed on individual basis.
Dates of final state exams at FSS MU
Information for students who plan, in this spring semester 2020, to defend their final theses, pass final state exams or apply for a graduate or postgraduate study program at FSS MU.